Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PSAT Sleeper

Hey Conan, I just finished taking my PSAT (practice SAT) it's cool cause the test cuts my day in half instead of having less classes, I have insanely short periods ergo no learning today. One extremely weird thing happened during my PSAT, there was this one kid who fell asleep within the first five minutes of the first section (reading) he then began to snore pretty loudly which was annoying and distracting but my proctor was kind of an idiot so he actually did not notice. After the time was up for the first section the proctor told us to get our calculators out and quickly gave directions on the second section (math) this kid wakes up from his nap, turns the page on his test booklet, and goes back to sleep ... snoring ... again. So a half hour later when the time limit is up for the second section we get a five minute break to go to the bathroom and stretch or whatever. The sleeper, as we shall call him, wakes up and goes to the restroom. When he comes back he goes up to the proctor and says, "I think my snoring is distracting, I don't want to take this test. Can I go home?" he then leaves. So weird right? anyways in other news my lifelong best friend got accepted early decision to the University of Pittsburgh yesterday and I am so excited for her. It's so crazy how much your life changes once you get accepted to school, especially early decision. It makes you see the real result of all your work in grade school, and it must be a huge relief to get the good news so early in the year and not be so worried / nervous for the rest of the year. Well that's all for now coco until next time...

Austin Rapkin-Citrenbaum

No comments: